The Institute is seeking a Portfolio Analyst who will oversee development activities of those companies funded through the Institute’s seed capital programs. The position will be offered on a contract basis for the first 12 months, and will be reevaluated at that time.
INSTITUTE FOR COMMERCIALIZATION OF PUBLIC RESEARCH
SEEKING PORTFOLIO ANALYST
Portfolio Review and Management
Engage Institute companies post-funding to provide monitoring and guidance.
Review and analyze portfolio company’s resource plans and commercialization strategies, and ensure that plans and strategies are aligned properly for growth.
Serve as a resource to Institute Entrepreneurs -in -Residence; conduct market studies and develop business and commercialization plans as needed.
Actively engage members of the investment community; build and manage relationships with local and national angel investors, angel groups and venture capitalists to streamline fundraising process and ensure funding requirements are achieved for maximum company growth.
The Portfolio Analyst will have proven leadership, fundraising, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, or at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record having taken companies to the next stage of growth
- Experience with angel investment, venture capital, and investment banking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, personal accountability, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Please submit your resume and contact information, via email to email@example.com