Boca Raton, FL – May 14, 2009 –The Florida Institute for the Commercialization of Public Research (The Institute) today announced the formation of its Strategic Advisory Board; 15 distinguished industry experts who will provide counsel on technical challenges associated with raising early stage capital and technology commercialization.
The Institute is Florida’s “one-stop-shop” for investors, entrepreneurs and corporate partners who seek to identify new opportunities based on technologies developed through publicly-funded research.
"We are extremely pleased with the breadth and depth of expertise represented by our advisory board. Each member is a leader in his or her chosen field, and we are delighted by their participation in this effort," said Executive Director Gary Keller. "We believe such foundations are essential to the high quality of the strategic input they will provide to us, and we look forward to working together to create companies and jobs throughout the state of Florida."
Members of the advisory board are:
- John Bacon, Intellectual Property Partners LLC
- Jonathan Cole, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP
- Kathy Harris, Noro Moseley
- Jonathan Kislak, Antares Capital Corporation
- Garheng Kong, Intersouth Partners
- John Perchorowicz, Research Corporation Technologies
- Alan Rossiter, Springboard Capital Management, LLC
- Ravi Ugale, Crossbow Ventures
- John Uhrin, Harbert Venture Partners
- Michael Wasserman, H.I.G. Ventures
- Curt Labelle, Tullis-Dickerson
- Richard J. Brandewie, Ballast Point Ventures
- Kent Gossett, Sr-One
- Dan Rua, Inflexion Partners
- Scott Weiner, Pappas Ventures
The board is being launched in conjunction with the Florida Venture Forum’s Early Stage Conference, an event showcasing early stage, high growth private companies before a national audience of venture capitalists, angel investors, private equity investors and investment bankers.